A Saturday at Franklin...

One of my favorite second semester Franklin traditions is Holi ( होली) . Originally a Hindu holiday, this festival of colors is widely celebrated throughout India, Nepal and Pakistan. Holi not only welcomes in the Spring season, but is also a celebration of love!  
All of the packets of colored powder lined up before the celebration began... and then aftermath! I am pretty sure there is no better way to welcome in the spring season! (note: a huge thank you to Damian Medina for taking these three pictures of Holi!)

Because I am a freshmen all of my meals are covered under a meal plan. But occasionally I like to go downtown on a Saturday afternoon and get some food for when I am too busy to go to the cafeteria for a meal. I couldn't resist this kilo of strawberries (handpicked in Spain!) that were on sale for 3 francs! And then a loaf of fresh baked ticianese bread for 2 francs and then I splurged on some Swiss dark chocolate for another 2 francs! I would call that a successful day! 

And just in case you were wondering how it would be possible for Franklin to pack more fun into one Saturday, at 8pm we had Latin Night! A feast of mexican food and dancing put on by the Latin Club in conjunction with our Student Government Association. Fun fact: Mexican food is considered exotic in most of Europe, so even if you can find it, it will cost you dearly! Thus the guacamole, salsa, and tortillas at Latin Night were a huge hit! Not to mention the decor, the dancing, and the Latin music!
Also coming up in April: Texas Night, Travies Award Ceremony, Arab Night, the Spring Play and much more! So thanks for reading, and stay tuned! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Key Words and Phrases to Know in the Major Swiss Languages

Switzerland: All About Cantons!

Swiss Cities in Depth: Bern