Returning to Franklin
As my summer back home in the USA winds down, I find myself thinking more and more about life at Franklin. So while I am procrastinating packing, here is a quick list of 5 things that have me most excited about returning to Franklin!
1) Student Life - It is so liberating to be a university student! While I love being home with my family, I always look forward to the freedom of being back on campus. As a university student, you are the master of your own schedule, and I love that! But like they say, with great power comes great responsibility. So I try and limit my 1am weeknight movie watching/cookie baking!
2) Tutte Le Strade Events - These are mainly for the incoming students, but if there are any open spots, rest assured that I will be there! They are always a great deal (either free or a small fee) and are an excellent way to explore the surrounding community! My favorite events are the boat trip to Gandria, the local market trip to Italy (Ponte Tresa) and the pizza tour of Lugano!
3) Friends - What is campus life without a great group of friends? I am looking forward to cooking dinners with my roommates, catching up with old friends, and making some new ones. Franklin students are so unique, that it just feels like home when we are all together.
4) Classes - (nerdy, I know!) But I really do love learning! I've even posted about it before. So yes, I am excited for a new semester's worth of classes. I love that the classes I have taken at Franklin have been engaging and challenging (not just a lecture/slide show). I am looking forward to a semester of thought-provoking conversations and discussions.
5) Campus Activities - One of my goals for this semester is to get more involved! There are so many cool campus groups that I haven't yet explored - Ski Club, Political Discourse Society, Zumba, Alpine Adventures, just to name a few. I'm ready to dig into these awesome options and extracurricular opportunities.
T-minus 10 days until I return to my second home in Switzerland!